Check Point VPN-1/Firewall-1 Administration Training Course Online or CBT CD
CheckPoint Firewall/VPN solutions provide organizations with the world's most proven solution, used by 100% of the Fortune 100. They enable organizations to protect the entire network infrastructure and
information with a unified security architecture that simplifies management and ensures consistent, up-to-date security everywhere.
Check Point VPN Training consists of
Instructor led Video Based Training
Practice Tests. Review questions to test your knowledge of the material
More than 40 Hours of training time
Online Training Book Library
Proven success, with thousands sold to individuals and companies
Check Point VPN Firewall Administrator Training Course Covers the following topics
- To recognize how VPNs are deployed, configure a VPN between networks, and back up and restore CheckPoint NGX
- To identify the objects that are used to define a security policy and to be able to create a security policy using Smart Dashboard.
- To identify the components of SmartView Tracker and the data it can access and to be able to use that data to block intruders.
- To be able to create and administer users and user authentication schemes.
- To identify the reasons why network address translation (NAT) is used, differentiate between the types of NAT, and improve the performance of VPN-1/Firewall-1 through administrative tasks.
Systems administrators, Security Managers, Network Engineers, people who want to understanding of CheckPoint's security
Basic networking knowledge, knowledge of Windows Server and/or UNIX, experience with TCP/IP and the Internet
Course Content for VPN Firewall
VPN Configuration and Disaster Recovery
- identify how a VPN should be deployed in a given scenario.
- create a VPN between two networks using IKE shared secrets in a given scenario.
- create a VPN between two networks using certificate encryption in a given scenario.
- configure two-gateway encryption in a Check Point environment, given a scenario.
- back up and restore Check Point NGX in a given scenario.
- configure a backup and restore in a CheckPoint NGX environment, given a scenario.
- determine VPN and disaster recovery for a network, given a scenario.
Security administration: Enforcing a Security Policy
- match CheckPoint security objects to their descriptions.
- create and configure security objects in a given scenario.
- create a rule.
- modify rules in CheckPoint in a given scenario.
- create and configure a security object and a rule in a given scenario.
- identify implicit rule properties and the rule processing order in a security rule base.
- configure antispoofing.
- install CheckPoint rules and define connection persistence in a given scenario.
- configure antispoofing and install a rule base in a given scenario.
Security administration: Logging and SmartView Tracker
- recognize how the CheckPoint logging architecture works and key tasks that can be performed using SmartView Tracker.
- match the SmartView Tracker modes to their functions in a given scenario.
- manage log files in Check Point.
- change the location of a log file and export a log database.
- search log entries and filter log queries in a given scenario.
- apply a block in a given scenario.
- filter a log query and apply a block in a given scenario.
- configure an authentication scheme and a server object in a given scenario.
- create a user and a user template in a given scenario.
- configure a Check Point administrator and a group, and install the users database in a given scenario.
- configure user authentication and install the security policy and users database in a given scenario.
- configure user authentication in a given scenario.
- configure client authentication in a given scenario.
- configure session authentication and the session authentication agent in a given scenario.
- configure user-based authentication in a given scenario.
Network Address Translation and Administration
- recognize network address translation (NAT) in CheckPoint.
- configure automatic NAT for CheckPoint objects in a given scenario.
- configure a Checkoint manual NAT rule.
- configure an automatic NAT rule and a manual NAT rule in a given scenario.
- manipulate Check Point rules.
- recognize how to enhance CheckPoint firewall performance.
- use SmartView Status to monitor Check Point firewall in a given scenario.
- configure Check Point firewall monitoring features in a given scenario.
- recognize how to back up, restore, and uninstall Check Point firewall.